Frequently Asked Questions
Do I have to sign up for class in advance?
No! We recommend reserving your spot ahead of time but if there are spots open, you’re more than welcome to check in at the front desk when you arrive at the studio. Please note Orange Members are given first priority to reserve classes 30 days in advance. Non Orange Members can reserve classes 7 days in advance.
How do I sign up for class?
If you have a Body Alive account
- Visit our class schedule here. Filter to the correct studio location and click “reserve” on the class you would like to sign up for. For Crestview Hills schedule, click here.
- OR, download our Body Alive app!
If you don’t have a Body Alive account
- Come see us at the front desk at least 15 minutes before class and we can get you signed up! If you would like to reserve your spot ahead of time, you can do so by creating an account here. Once you have an account, you can make purchases.
What should I bring and wear to class?
Hot Yoga, Hot Mat Pilates, Barre, Body Sculpt, and Power Sculpt
- Bring: Water, Yoga mat (We have mats to rent in our studios for $2. Yogitoes and shower towels are $1 to rent. If it’s your first time at Body Alive, your yoga mat and towel rental are free)
- Wear: Comfortable fitted exercise clothes, ideally ones that wick away moisture
- Bring: Water, Yoga mat
- Wear: Comfortable fitted exercise clothes, ideally ones that wick away moisture and SHOES!
- Bring: Water
- Wear: Comfortable fitted exercise clothes, ideally ones that wick away moisture and sticky socks (available to purchase in studio)
Cycle (Kenwood only)
- Bring: Water
- Wear: Cycling or exercise tights/shorts and top. Indoor Cycle shoes with SPD clips are ideal but regular gym shoes work too!
What is the age requirement for classes?
You must be at least 14 years or older to take any of our class offerings. If you are under 16 years old, we’ll need your parents to sign a consent form in person and participate in the class with you.
What if I’m new to your class formats?
The instructors at Body Alive are highly trained experts who love working with new students. Our instructors are ready to get you going gently and safely and make sure you get a powerful workout. We believe that getting a proper introduction to your new workout is an essential step to your new, healthy lifestyle. This is why we offer special classes for beginners in Hot Power Yoga, and why our Pilates Alive, Barre Alive, Cardio Alive, and Cycle Alive instructors are delighted to provide modifications for all levels.
What if I’m new to heated classes?
Our heated room is kept at 102º F temperature with 40% humidity and our unheated room is kept at 72º-76º F temperature with no humidity. We encourage beginners to take as long as required to allow their bodies to acclimate. We all deal with the heat in different ways. If you feel tired, dizzy or short of breath, we encourage you to pace yourself and even lie down on your mat for a few poses. You’ll find that each time you return, you feel capable of doing more. Many students report that within a few classes, they’ve found a new edge they didn’t even know was there.
Do you have locker rooms?
We have locker rooms and showers at our Kenwood, Mason, and Crestview Hills locations. The Oakley studio has individual bathrooms which can serve as a changing area as well.
What is your class cancellation policy?
Body Alive requires you to cancel at least 3 hours prior to class. If you do not cancel during this time frame or if you are absent from class, you will be charged a $5.00 fee. Bounce and Cycle classes must be canceled at least 12 hours prior to class due to limited space. If you cancel your reservation after the 12 hour cutoff for Cycle, the class will be deducted from your account.
What happens after my promotion expires?
Your promotion will automatically roll into an Unlimited Orange Membership unless you email firstname.lastname@example.org at least 72 hours in advance of your renewal date.
How do I cancel my membership?
You may cancel your membership at any time by completing the contact form 72 hours prior to your renewal date. Our Customer Service team will respond back as soon as possible to confirm your cancellation.
I arrived a little late to class and the door was locked. Why?
At some points during the day, we lock our studio doors during class for the safety and security of our students. We recommend getting to the studio 5-15 minutes before class starts so you have enough time to check in and prepare for class.
What if I want to bring a friend with me?
Great! Our members are welcome to bring a friend to class with them for free as long as it is their first time at Body Alive. In order to do so, please follow the instructions above on how to create an account online. After your friend has a Body Alive account, email email@example.com to get their spot reserved. If you don’t hear back from us in time, feel free to bring them to the studio to get checked in.